About the Made in the USA Foundation
Made in the USA Foundation is a non-profit organization that was co-founded by Joel D. Joseph in 1989, formed with matching grants from United Auto Works and Ford Motor Company, and is dedicated to promoting products manufactured and/or assembled in the United States. The foundation began in Washington, D.C. and was moved to Los Angeles in 2007. Made in the USA Foundation encourages American values globally, raising the bar concerning minimum wages, environmental standards, labor rights, and human rights, including eliminating child labor. The organization also helps create good-paying jobs in the USA and a sustainable, environmentally sound, and healthy economy.
Annually, the Made in the USA Foundation and Made Movement host the Hall of Fame Awards Dinner to honor the outstanding achievements of the top American manufacturers. The foundation receives thousands of nominations yearly, but less than 80 companies are selected as nominees. The companies are judged based on quality of its product, competitiveness, and the impact the company is making in its market. Some of the companies that have been awarded include Google, 3M, Boeing, Chevrolet, Viking, Beaulieu Vineyard and more.
About Joel D. Joseph
Joel D. Joseph co-founded the Made in the USA Foundation in Washington, D.C. in 1989. In 2007 he moved the Foundation to Los Angeles. Joseph is currently chairman and general counsel of the Foundation. He earned his law degree at Georgetown University Law Center in Washington, D.C., in 1973 and earned his BA in economics at Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois. He also studied economics at Edinburgh University, Edinburgh, Scotland.
Click here to read more.
Example of topics on which the Co-Founder of Made in the USA Foundation Joel D. Joseph can discuss in media interviews:
- Why Major Corporations and Clothing Brands Are Bringing Manufacturing Back to the U.S.
- The Top Five Reasons We Should Buy American Made Products
- Innovative New Products That Are Made in the USA
- Made in the USA Hall of Fame Award Winners That Are Changing Industry Standards
- Why Country of Origin Labeling is Important and the Role The Foundation Played in This Legislation
- How Consumers Can Help Fight Copyright Infringement/Knockoffs of Products
- Five Steps to Take if Your Copyrights, Trademarks or Patents Are Being Infringed Upon
- Changes That Need to Occur So That U.S. Olympic Uniforms Can Be Made in the USA
- Top Ten Gifts That Are Made in the USA
Most Recent Press Release